Mental Health and Medical Professionals: Psychedelic Clients and Patients
February 6, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
As the psychedelic renaissance grows and interest in microdosing continues, and especially with the publication of Michael Pollan’s book, “How to Change Your Mind,” an increasing number of practitioners are seeing clients and patients who are working with psychedelics.
This meetup is for mental health and medical professionals only. This is an opportunity to network with your professional peers and discuss such topics as:
• How are psychedelics benefiting or aiding your client/patient population?
• What are the benefits of psychedelics you should be aware of?
• What are the risks of psychedelics you should be aware of?
• What are professional concerns to keep in mind?
• How can a practitioner’s own psychedelic practice aid in their work?
• What types of training and education should practitioners be aware of?
• What can practitioners realistically expect for the future of psychedelics in our society?
• How can mental health and medical professionals safely advocate for safe and legal access to psychedelic and MDMA therapies?
• What are issues around “outing” yourself?
• What kind of events would you like to see in Portland that would better serve your practice?
Please bring a donation of at least $5-$10 to cover venue costs and funding of PPS maintenance and future events.